The church arose where in 1324 an oratory had been built which was dedicated to Saint James the Apostle and Christophe Martyr.
From a document comes out that in 1736 the ruined building by that time had been under restoration and was reconstructed.
The building with just the nave was consecrated on 16th May 1765. Until today no important changes in the architecture have taken place since the age of its reconstruction.
Inside the church there is a picture, representing Saint Joseph, attributed not unanimously to the painter Guido Cagnacci. There are also fine decorative works attributed to Giuseppe Milani.
The floor in terracotta tiles in the niche, where the Baptistery is situated, on which the date of 1765 is imprinted, and the font made of marble are original too.