In the middle of the square Giuseppe Garibaldi’s statue stands, in memory of his passage through Cesenatico which occurred on 2nd August 1849. In 1580 on the right hand side of the square the clock-tower had been built under which through an arch wayfarers came from Cesena.
The tower collapsed in the earthquake of 1875, but the statue of the Virgin situated in a niche under the clock of the tower remained intact.
The statue of terracotta and plaster was set on the façade of Saint James church in the beginning of the 20st century.
After the earthquake the palace still framing the square was built, where at that time as today the post-office, a bar and other premises are located.
Opposite the square, on both sides of the bridge there are the Venetian columns, evidence of the short period (1503- 1505) when Cesenatico was ruled by Venice.
The two columns are made of pink granite and probably bore on their capitals: one the lion of Saint Mark, the other the statue of the local patron saint.